Hairless Sphynx Kittens Now Available
Many people interested in the novelty of a hairless cat will make a hasty adoption decision based on cute photos.
There is much more to adopting a purebred Sphynx kitty than meets the eye.
We hope that you take your time and make a thoughtful, educated decision on
when to bring your new Sphynx kitty home and and what breeder to trust and choose.
You will want to adopt your Sphynx kitten from a responsible, reputable and ethical breeder.
A responsible breeder is someone who is concerned with the betterment of the breed (health, type and temperament) and always puts the life and future of all kittens before anything else. In Sphynx; that would be someone who alters all cats before leaving, doesn't allow pets to leave their home until 12 - 16 weeks of age, vaccinates and deworms appropriately, HCM scans all breeding cats and can provide proof if necessary, breeds only CFA or TICA registered cats (there are other international registries that are acceptable also) and ensures cats are healthy prior to going to their new homes.
To adopt a Sphynx kitten, please be aware that:
YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT 3 - 8 MONTHS FOR ONE OF MY KITTIES
I HAVE A WAITING LIST AND ONLY ADOPT TO PEOPLE I APPROVE AND GET TO KNOW
The more flexible you are in sex and color, the sooner you will have a kitty in your arms (or on your head!)
A $150 deposit is due upon application approval.
Kitties go home at about 14 - 16 weeks old.
Total adoption fee is $1600 - $1800
Why do we require a $150 reservation/waiting list deposit?
We will be committed to you and open to sharing our breed knowledge and we want to ensure there is a commitment in place.
EXPECTING SPRING 2015:
Prudence x Kit Kat
Expected Colors: Naked Black, Black and White, Red, Red and White and Dilute, Minks
Due April, 2015
Canrae #Two aka Tootsie x Kit Kat
Expected Colors: NAKED Black, black and white, Red, Red & White, Torties, Minks
Due April, 2015
Beeblebrox Dinah Moe Humm x Kit Kat
Expected Colors: Seal and white, Blue/Seal Points, Minks
Due April, 2015
BBN aka Pixy x Kit Kat
Expected Colors: NAKED Seal and white, Blue/Seal Points, Minks
Due April, 2015
Lagnickers x Kit Kat
Expected Colors: NAKED Black, black and white, Blue, Blue and White, Minks
Due April, 2015
PLANNED FOR SUMMER 2015:
F2 and F3 Litters
Expected Colors: Naked & Coated Black, Chocolate, Black and White, Red, Red and White and Dilute, Minks
Things to consider when adopting a sphynx:
1) HCM - All breeding adults should be screened for HCM annually. Ask to see proof of scans as many breeders will say "yes, we scan for HCM" but when asked for proof, will not be able to provide it. The HCM scan will document the results, the heart measurements, and will come from a board certified cardiologist which can be contacted if there are any doubts.
2) REGISTRATION WITH TICA or CFA - All purebred sphynx should be bred by parents who are registered (CFA, TICA, CCA).
3) GUARANTEE AND CONTRACT - Review your contract throughly to see in which ways you will be protected if the cat gets sick and/or dies from a genetic or congential issue. Some issues or unavoidable and unpredicted. However, you will want to understand clearly in which way the breeder is going to support you. You will also need to know what the breeder expects of you too.
4) SPAY/NEUTER - The breeder should be responsible for the surgery and for ensuring the kitty has recovered well afterwards.
A responsible breeder will be happy to answer all your questions. If a breeders does not make you feel comfortable then you may want to consider looking elsewhere. Your breeder should be the kind of person you would like to communicate with and have by your side as you take the journey into the sphynx world and to answer any questions you may have before, during and after your new family member enters your home.
w/1-3 Year Guarantee*
5 Year Guarantee*
Beeblebrox Sphynx sells sphynx hairless Sphynx kittens for pets, showing and occasionally to other breeders.
Our adoption process is as follows:
1. Browse our "Available Kittens" page to see when we are expecting kittens.
2. Fill out our "Online Adoption Application".
3. A non-refundable waiting list deposit of $150 is required, approval application approval, in order to get on our waiting list.
You are more likely to get a kitten sooner if you are flexible with the color and gender.
4. After a litter is born, we begin to evaluate them to determine which ones are likely to remain in our program and which ones may be placed as pets. The ones that we are confident are pet quality, will be offered to those on our waiting list FIRST. The kitties designated as "Show/Breeding Evaluation" will continue to be evaluated to determine if they will remain in our breeding program, be offered to other breeders that we know and trust, or subsequently be placed as pets.
PLEASE NOTE: Pet quality does not mean these these cat's have any physical or health defaults. It only distinguishes cat type that is desired by our cattery AT THAT MOMENT - which could vary by sex, size, color, etc.
5. Once pet quality kittens begin to become available, we offer them to those on our waiting list, in order. This usually begins around 4 - 8 weeks, usually with boys first and then based on physical attributes. Once you are offered a kitty, you may accept or decline and choose to wait for others. Once you choose your kitten, a deposit of $600 is then required as well as a signed and submitted contract. We prefer Paypal but will accept other forms of payment as well such a direct deposit, POPMoney or personal check/money order.
6. The kitten will be cared for and prepared to come home to you around 14 - 16 weeks. We will be discussing delivery options at this time and expect the kitty to be paid for, in full, prior to the spay/neuter appointment, which is typically 2-3 weeks prior to the scheduled delivery or pick up date. The final payment due, would be $650 - $1050 (depending up the adoption option & guarantee chosen.)
7. We are happy to make small, regular payment arrangements throughout the adoption process if necessary. This can be discussed on an individual basis.